Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sugar And Spice And Everything Nice...

To My Baby Girl,

Today we celebrated your second birthday!!

Last night I snuck out while you, your brother and daddy were sleeping to pick up a few surprises from Target. I hit Starbucks on the way home and for what it's worth to you in the future, a double shot latte at 10:30pm is never a good idea! So when you ran into bed this morning and yelled "BIRFDAAAY CAKE!!!" I was still trying to decide whether I was still dreaming about Edward Cullen (we'll talk about that when you are a little older) or if it was really time to get up. Umm yeah, you were ready to party and was not going to take no for an answer so we started our day, Your Birthday!!

Daddy made waffles this morning. Peagut (peanut) budder and syoup (syrup) are your favorite toppings. Orange juice and a bitamen (vitamin) and you were off playing. After I cleaned the kitchen and daddy picked up the living room it was present time! A few My Little Pony's, a Dora backpack and some new Dora underwear and TV/DVD player for your room from Grandma and Papa is just some of you loot for the day. Not bad for being two!

After nap time, Papa came over for dinner. We haven't seen him since Christmas so it was perfect timing that his meeting was in a town close to our house. Your Papa loves you more than you could ever imagine (we all do, but he has a special place in his heart for little blond haired girls who adore him.) We had a great dinner, finally had some BIRFDAY CAAAAKE and played outside. Papa left and all you could say over and over again was "Oh Noooo. Papa gotta go. Oh Nooooo." It was very sweet.

Bath time and bedtime were pretty easy. You were very tired and fell asleep like an angel in about 3.4 minutes!

Lila, I love you more today that I did yesterday. You continue to be this little light from heaven that has been given to your daddy and I. The innocence and wonder that I see in your eyes everyday just takes my breath away. I look at you sleeping and wonder how I was so lucky to be given a daughter to love. Our world is brighter everyday because you are in it.

I promise you I will try and be the mother you and your brother deserve. I love your brother for making me a mother but you my girl, you made me a better mother. You and I are cut from the same mold. We have the same facial expressions, body type and personality characteristics. It sometimes scares me to look at you getting bigger because I see so much of myself in you. There will be times in the future that you and I will probably be at odds about situations but if there is one thing that I want you to know it's that I will always love you, no matter what. Always and forever.

Happy Birthday Beautiful Girl.

Tomorrow we celebrate your brother's fourth birthday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay. Happy birthday. I often wonder what Tyler's going to think when he gets older and finds my blog. Hopefully he won't be too embarrassed.

for a different kind of girl said...

Happy belated birthday to your angel baby! How fun to have both your loves have back to back birthdays! She sounds like a dream!

Loukia said...

Lovely post to your little girl. :)