Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm gonna be too sexy...

So after stalking Jen over at Steenky Bee, I decided to join a little group called Club Half As Small As You brought to us by Casey over at Half As Good As You. You know because I am such a joiner and that's how I roll, baybee.

If this is something you are not interested in, save yourself the ushy gooshy and log off now. I won't hunt you down. Promise.

What most people don't know is that I have been a Weight Watcher for what is going on 12 weeks now and have lost 26 pounds so far. I have some more to loose so, I'm joining this little club for the motivation, yo. Got some words of wisdom? Throw them my way. Want to try and sabotage me? Go ahead, try it. It's not going to work. Seriously.

Our first assignment is to assess this little situation o' mine and answer the following questions to the best of my ability which is a hell of a lot easier than getting my rear end on the treadmill tonight. So here goes.

1- What motivates you and why do you want to do this challenge?

What motivates me? A new wardrobe courtesy of Banana Republic. That motivates me. BlogHer '09 motivates me. I can't show up there in all of my Wisconsin Housewife/SAHM glory you know. I need to be looking hawt when Rock and Roll Mama and I take on the town. I also refuse to be that mom at the park who is sitting on the sidelines, watching. That is NOT going to be me. EVER. I want in for this challenge for the support. Besides my weekly WW meeting, this is the only support I've got. SeriouslyDaddy tries, but his solution? Nachos. And is doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that nachos are not. going. to. help.

2- What is your long term goal?

Besides being rich, rich, rich? I would like to have world peace. Oh right, never mind. This is a fat club, not Miss America. My real long term goal? To be physically fit. I want to do a triathlon next summer and I want to not die while trying to complete said triathlon.

3- What is your long term weight loss goal?

I am not putting that number out here for everyone to laugh at me. Not happenin' hot stuff. That's between my WW leader and me. It's my thing. Everyone has a thing. That number is my thing. Maybe someday I'll get there, but I haven't arrived yet. Lets just say, I have just enough to loose that I won't be going anywhere soon.

4- What tools are available to you?

Mondays, I do a Water cardio class for 60 minutes. And there is this beast in my living room called a treadmill. I hate it. It kicks my ass. But I am co-dependant. I need it. And it knows it. What I do need to add to my routine is free weights. Need to look into that ASAP.

5- How often do you exercise?

Right now I am at 5 hours a week of cardio. One hour per day. I need to up it to 7 hours a week and add in a weight training routine. But not just yet. I am trying to stay alive even if that damn treadmill is trying to off me.

6- What do you plan on doing?

I am going to continue with the Weight Watchers Nutrition Program. It's working and it's an easy one to stick to. I feel great and as much as I was sure that WW was only for bitter old women who wanted a place to complain about their horrible life, I was wrong. It's been a lifesaver. Literally.

7- What has worked for you in the past?

Nothing, that's how I got into this little predicament in the first place. I was once a very active, outdoorsy, white water kayaking in the middle of winter kind of chick. I want her back. I want her to be a role model for her kids. Life is more that sitting on the couch with a plate full of nachos, people! I'm not perfect, hence the lumpy thighs. But I am ready to be closer to it! You know because...

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had me at Right Said Fred. Man that guy is awesome. I can't even say triathlon without getting tired, that's quite a goal. I've read a lot of people today who have a goal of competing in something. I might have to jump on the bandwagon someday, my 42 year old sister-in-law competes in marathons all the time and could totally kick my ass and she's eleven years my senior. It sounds like you're already on track with your exercise routine. I think I'll look to YOU for motivation. Welcome to the club and good luck!

Anonymous said...

What the heck ever happened to that guy? Congrats on already losing 26 pounds, that's a great accomplishment. That's an awesome start. And a triathlon goal is pretty damn impressive, I don't know that I'd ever be that fit. Good luck.

DeeMarie said...

Welcome to the Club. The Half as Small as You Club, and the Stalking Steenky Club. I'm a VIP member of both!! You are already so on it. I'm in awe of your already incredible focus!!

Anonymous said...

26 lbs already? Nice job. But really what you're saying is that you have a leg up on us all, and doesn't that actually make you a cheater.

I realize this is my first comment on here and calling you a dirty, cheap ass cheater might not be the most civil thing in the world, but I'm gonna stand by it.

Just kiddin. Good job and love the blog!

Supervised Mama said...

Congratulations on the 26lbs. That's awesome, I think you're going to be a big motivator in this!!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you! I'll be reading! :)

I'm going to do this, too! :)

Joe said...

26 pounds!?! That is awesome! No wonder you lost your shorts at Water aerobics. :)

Keep on rockin' the WW. And congratulations on your loss so far.

CelloBella said...

26 pounds - that's fantastic - that's about 13 kilograms right?

How I wish I could do that well.

You're an inspiration!

beth said...

I'm out meeting all in the "Club" this morning. 26 pounds is very impressive. Maybe the rest of us can learn from your success stories.

Anonymous said...

Cool ... are you gonna share your WW secrets with us?

Anonymous said...

How's the exercise going so far? Go exercise, stop reading this. How's that for motivation?

Laufa said...

Ooh you cheated, started without the rest of us. Well since you had the gumption (sounds like a yummy word) to lose all that weight...Big Congrats!!! You have more will-power than I do. Keep going and good luck! You are already sexier than dude in the video (female perspective).

Anonymous said...

LMAO! I remember watching that video on Mtv when Mtv was cool. Ahhh, the good old days.

jen said...

visiting from the club...
wow you!

i'm also a jen at steenky bee stalker.

i'll stop by again! if that's ok.

oh yeah...share those ww ideas if you will! or do they make you vow to not share publicly...

DeeMarie said...

I would definitely do the detour for Starbuck's!! I really wanted something sweet, so I went for coffee versus chocolate. It's a start, right? I'll be doing some walking/running tonight!!!

Cindy said...

You have been tagged.

http://www.successfulwahm.blogspot.com

Cindy

Katol said...

Hi, Brenda!

Kat here, late as usual.

Just dropping by to say hi and hoping you had a great week..

Ooh goody, you have water cardio.

Right said Fred should be the national anthem of HASAY.

Rock and Roll Mama said...

Ooooh I wanna be in the club! Must train for our Blog-her a thon. I spent a year doing WW Core, made Lifetime, and spent last year gaining alot of it back. Ummmmm. I dunno, Not my best plan. So I want to be in your club and stalk the Steenky too. I'm in awe of your cardio, you're making me want to dust off my elliptical.:)Thanls for teh motivation, mama!