Thursday, June 26, 2008

Is it bedtime yet?

Can I just start by saying that I used to love to sleep and since becoming a mother I don't think I have slept through the night in 3.5 years. I miss sleeping.

Little Big L has never been a great sleeper. Since birth he wanted to nurse all night long. As a first time mom, I just went along with it and never got him used to a good sleeping schedule. The labor and delivery nurse was right when she told me "Congratulations on your first baby, he will be just for practice, your next one will be for fun." Little Big L will forever be my little guinea pig, I guess.

We are having a heck of a time trying to get Captain Chaos to go to bed on time. Trying for an 8:00pm bedtime seems like a good idea right? But like every three year old, Little Big L is using every excuse imaginable to delay it. "Mama, I am soooo hungry." "Mom I need a drink." "Mommy, I just want to lay by you because I love you..." Tonight I haven't given in yet but we are only at the 5th time returning him to his room. We'll see. SuperNanny, where are you??? Little Little-er L onother hand has always been a really good sleeper until her teeth started coming in. Even as a new born she would nurse every few hours but basically stay asleep. She was sleeping 4 hours at a time at only a few months old. Now she is up 2 or 3 times a night yelling for me and the bags under our eyes are becoming permanent. Will we ever sleep again???

Thanks to Seriously Daddy for fixing the washing machine so I can do a few more loads of laundry tonight. Ugh. Good thing I DVR'd the new season of Shear Genius!!

No comments: