Monday, July 14, 2008

Home, home on the range...

As much as I hate where we live, I have to say that it is nice to be home again. Camping with a three year old and a one year old leaves little to be desired. We had a great time with our friends and as much as I love to camp, it certainly wasn't a vacation for me. Tick Checker, Poison Ivy Patroler, Bug Sprayer, Fire Marshall, Bedtime Warden, Life Jacket Officer are all titles I got to wear this weekend while Seriously Daddy got to fish. Nice, huh?

Yeah, that's all I am going to say about that.

We hiked Piers Gorge and watched the whitewater rafters going by. We rode the steam train in Leona (hey, you do what you gotta do to entertain the troops when they are little.) We had a lot of campfires, Pudgy Pies and S'Mores. It was a great time with great friends and my hope is that the L's grow up loving the outdoors as much as their dad and I do. What little boy wouldn't love to pee in the woods but here's hoping that his sister can deal too!

Remind me to tell the IPOD story. It deserves a post all to itself.

1 comment:

Mississippi Songbird said...

Looks like fun.. Enjoyed reading your blog..