Thursday, July 3, 2008

What should we be rollin' in?

So Seriously Daddy and I have had this huge thing between us since we were young and not yet sleep deprived. We disagree about vehicles. Seriously Daddy is a pretty handy guy and has no problem driving a vehicle that is less than new and has never really put much value on material things. I, on the other hand, am a total spend-a-holic, materialistic, wannabe baller and Seriously Daddy has the great difficulty of keeping me to a budget (ugh, that word makes me choke.) Basically Seriously Mama wants a new car every few years. (Yes, I am aware that Clark Howard is rolling his eyes at me right now.) I have always been a bit of a worrier and the thought of being stuck on the road with two little kids and two big dogs doesn't really appeal to me. What in the hell would I do? Not that I am a wuss or a total girly girl but damn, what a pain in the arse to figure out that dilemma. So I have always wanted to drive a newer car, one that I never have to worry about. The other problem is that I have always been a big SUV girl. Suburbans, Expeditions, Tahoes, oh my. Combine the two problems and you get one hell of an expensive vehicle, made even more expensive by the fact that gas is now $8,000,000.00 per gallon. Now after driving my Expedition for the last 3 years we are heading towards the 100,000 mile mark which is my absolute deal breaker. After a lot of convincing :wink wink: Seriously Daddy has agreed that it is time for a new family vehicle. Do we bite the bullet and buy the big SUV that we can all fit in (parents, kids, dogs, camping gear) and only be able to afford to drive it once a month or do we look for something more in the mini van genre? No offense to all of you mini van drivers out there of course, I am just seriously not ready to go there. The brat in me still wants the Suburban. So what if we only drive it around the block once a month, right? The rest of the time I'll push the Mountain Buggy I guess. God knows I need the exercise.

No comments: