Thursday, July 24, 2008

today's rant - cell phones and my love hate relationship...

Need to vent...

I have an absolute love/hate relationship with cell phones. I couldn't live without my phone but being that I spend the majority of my days with a 16 month old and a 3 year old, I don't use my phone very much. I will admit however, that I have a little love affair with Twitter going on. But I digress...


My darling husband however has a phone attached to his ear 24/7. I understand that because of his line of work his cell phone is an essential part of his money makin' arsonal but damn, does he have to talk on it ALL THE TIME? Why is it that our society has become so used to immediate contact that a simple question cannot wait 5 freakin' minutes for an email or God forbid, talk to someone face to face? There is nothing that drives me crazier (okay there are a lot of things that drive me crazy, hence my need for therapy) than someone walking around mindlessly chattering away on a cell phone. Don't you have a purpose in life? If not, get one and stop allowing Joe Q. Public to listen to how your boyfriend blah, blah, blah or your wife is making you blah, blah, blah.


GET OVER YOURSELF ALREADY!


So not that I went off on a tangent or anything.

No comments: