Saturday, November 1, 2008

Im doing NaBloPoMo, send medication...

Since I really haven't posted anything of real substance in a long time, I decided that this is a great way to get a push and finally put down on electronic paper the things that have been floating around in my head.

There is still time if you want to join. Click on over to the NaBloPoMo site and sign up.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Last night was close to a big fail as far as candy hoarding goes. The bigger of the L's decided that it was way more fun to answer the door for his "customers" than it was going door to door asking for candy. The little L on the on the other hand? Trick or Treating with wild abandon. There was no stopping her. "Teet" she would say when a door opened and "Cue" was her thanks for the toddler crack she just scored.

When we pulled into the driveway we could see that the bigger of the L's closet light was flickering and it was definitely not some practical joke. Russ was determined that the light fixture just needed to be looked at. He tore the entire thing apart, installed a new one "just in case" and is desperately trying to prove to me that this house isn't haunted.

Good luck bud. This house is totally haunted and I am heading to Mad Town tomorrow to find some freaky hippy to sell me some sage to burn.

If you are doing NaBloPoMo, leave me a comment and I'll add you to the blogroll! Good luck!

10 comments:

Deb said...

NaBloPoMo is going to go beautifully for you. You might have a couple rough days, but you'll pull it off. I did it last year while we were moving, and that gave me TONS of fodder!

Thanks for the follow on Twitter.

DeeMarie said...

Good luck! I considered it, but since I don't have anything to post today, I decided it might be a sign. Your house? Freaking me out a bit girl. But I still heart ya! :)

Chris said...

Good luck with NaBloPoMo! It's easier than it sounds.

Joe said...

Good luck with NaBloPoMo. I thought about it (for 4.2 ms) and realized that time is too tight right now. Maybe next year. Besides, all you bloggers doing it, need someone to read and comment on all the stuff you are writing about, right?

Good luck.

Will said...

You aren't the only nut doing this craziness. Here's to losing our sanity.

Anonymous said...

I am doing it! Oh, it is going to be good times! Bring on the fodder I say!

Did you get the sage? I was hoping that song would work, but no, huh? Damn this guy needs to get a clue.

Anonymous said...

I'm doing it too, I already post every day so hopefully it won't be any more work. Good luck to you! You should get a ghost writer. Get it? Ghost writer?!? I crack me up.

for a different kind of girl said...

I can't think of anything to blog about, so the fact that it's now Nov. 2, allows me to be all, "Whoo! Welp, that's a bummer! I missed the start so I can't do NaBloPoMo! Bummer!"

If I drove up to the house and it was empty and I saw the light in the closet flickering? Yeah, I'd be driving out of town like that family in Poltergeist. Seriously!

Laufa said...

OK, I want to go to Crazytown (NaBloPoMo) with you, but the sign up won't let me. Got any suggestions?

Seriously Brenda said...

Deb - Thanks for stopping by! I'll be over to visit your site soon...

Dee - This place may be scary to other people but I am totally used to it. I just expect it now. And I am pretty sure he is a friendly ghost. Just wants us to know he's here. ;-)

Chag - If all else fails, maybe I can just post about my love for Tuesday night's Nameless Twitter Radio Show?!?

Joe - I am totally admitting that I am saving your meme tag for some November fodder. Shame on me!

Will - Do 80's rock YouTube videos count for a post? ;-)

Corina - We hit State Street in Madison today looking for some sage bundles. No luck. I wonder if I can use the sage from the herb section of Trader Joe's? ;-)

Casey - Maybe we should combine the harassment of HASAY with NaBloPoMO and make it ARFN? Are You Freakin' Nuts?

FADKOG - I seriously either need medication and/or an intervention. It doesn't scare me that this place is haunted, it just totally pisses me off!

Laufa - NaBloPoMo started yesterday. I think it's too late to sign up? You could do it on your own and feel a little of our pain though! ;-)